Rush Funeral Home Logo
Logo Image
(605) 859-2400 You can call us 24/7
Newsletter Get new obituaries by email
Search Search through the obituaries

Our services

Establishing Veteran Eligibility

To establish veteran eligibility you can have us obtain your DD 214 Form which is the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. For veteran's benefits you must have any status other than dishonorable discharge. For more information, download the form in Acrobat PDF format.
This form can be sent to:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132



If you are a Veteran with an honorable discharge we can arrange for the military to provide Taps for you at the graveside and for a flag for your family to have. More information on Veteran's flags can be seen at:

Presidential Memorial Certificate

We can also write to the government and obtain a Presidential Memorial Certificate for you and your family. We submit both a death certificate and a copy of your honorable discharge to:

U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
National Cemetery Administration (403A)
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20420

To read more about the Certificate you may go to

Honor Guards

We are able to arrange for honor guards for Veteran's funerals. All honorably discharged Veterans may be buried in a National Cemetery for no cemetery cost and Black Hills National Cemetery near Sturgis, SD is the local one that our firm normally uses.

Grave Marker

If you need a Veteran's grave marker for the cemetery you chose to be buried in you can write to:

Memorial Programs Services (403)
Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20420

More grave marker information can be seen at

Disabled Veterans

Disabled Veteran's families may apply for further monetary awards if the Veteran passed away in a Veteran's hospital or if the Veteran was currently on Veteran's disability payments before death.

Helpful resources

Below you will find some links to helpful sites and resources.